Splunk Enterprise

Calculate total consumed cold storage for all indexers

jcspigler2010
Path Finder

I have found ways to calculate total storage for all indexers per index. But how would I focus in on what is only occupying coldPath space? Possibly break this down per index.

thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

you can use the | dbinspect command
cold buckets are under state = cold.
then you can create searches calculating the total size by using sizeOnDiskMB field
so something like that:
| dbinspect index=* state = cold | eval indexSizeGB = sizeOnDiskMB / 1024 | stats sum(indexSizeGB) by index

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

adonio
Ultra Champion

you can use the | dbinspect command
cold buckets are under state = cold.
then you can create searches calculating the total size by using sizeOnDiskMB field
so something like that:
| dbinspect index=* state = cold | eval indexSizeGB = sizeOnDiskMB / 1024 | stats sum(indexSizeGB) by index

Hope it helps

jcspigler2010
Path Finder

Thanks adonio

Had to expand on this a little hit. You can't filter on the state until the search is ran. I did the following

| dbinspect index=* | eval indexSizeGB = sizeOnDiskMB / 1024 | stats sum(indexSizeGB) as "Total Size in GBs" by index,state | search state=cold

Thanks pointing me in the right direction!

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

You are welcome!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...