Deployment Architecture

Bug? Drilldown search causes "error:113", in dashboard Edit mode

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have two dashboards with custom drilldown search. One of them works just fine. But the other returns a blank page; looking into the SID I can see this error:

error:133 - Masking the original 404 message: 'Unexpected query string parameters: earliest, q, latest' with 'Page not found!' for security reasons

This actually happens to most custom drilldown searches that I try to set up, no matter which dashboard.

I use a CNAME for my server. If I change the URL to use the canonical name of the server, the "security" error goes away. Although this kind of makes sense, it doesn't explain why some custom searches do not trigger this problem. In the problematic dashboard, it fails even the simplest search like sourcetype = this, i.e., no special character of any type.

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks like a problem only in Edit mode. I'll close this one although it looks like a bug.

kmarx
Explorer

I was seeing a similar error in trying to customize simple XML drilldown.

error:321 - Masking the original 404 message: 'Unexpected query string parameters: q' with 'Page not found!' for security reasons

Wasted a fair bit of time before finding this post. As OP says: seems broken in edit mode. Works after saving the dashboard.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...