Splunk Search

Bring the last source of the index

efaundez
Path Finder

good morning

Currently, for monitoring purposes, it is necessary to validate the states of certain indexes, and when validating that a state is NOK, show the data of the server and the last indexed file.

I have the following query, but it is valid that it brings me 2 files and not the last, the file that it brings from today has a different name.

| metasearch index=test sourcetype=test_2 source =/splunk/logs/*_ log
| stats last (_time) as recentTime by index sourcetype host source
| eval Time = strftime (recentTime, "% Y /% m /% d% H:% M:% S")
| fields - recentTime

index sourcetype host source Time
test test2 localhost /splunk/logs/20180425_log 2018/04/27 00:02:01
test test2 localhost /splunk/logs/20180426_log 2018/04/27 08:05:49

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

elliotproebstel
Champion

This line:

asks Splunk to list every tuple of plus the latest timestamp seen for that tuple. In order to then present only the source with the most recent timestamp, you could do this:

| sort 1 - recentTime
| fields - recentTime

The sort line will sort all events by the field recentTime in descending order (the most recent first), and present only the first result.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

This line:

asks Splunk to list every tuple of plus the latest timestamp seen for that tuple. In order to then present only the source with the most recent timestamp, you could do this:

| sort 1 - recentTime
| fields - recentTime

The sort line will sort all events by the field recentTime in descending order (the most recent first), and present only the first result.

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This makes no sense..

0 Karma

efaundez
Path Finder

it is needed for monitoring issues to validate which is the last indexed file, since there are files that are generated every 1 hour and daily.

the information that I gave is from another query that validates only if there are or there are no events, and it is validating what the current state is.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...