Splunk Search

Blockquotes not working when posting questions on this site

vqd361
Path Finder

Dear Splunk,

When typing a question on this site, the editor says I can blockquote by using a greater than symbol before the text. In fact, there's a button for it in the editor's toolbar.

> This text should be blockquoted.

I can see the blockquoted text in my editing preview. However, when I post the question the blockquoted part is no longer blockquoted. Instead, the greater than symbols are displayed.

It'd be great if you could fix this bug.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

vqd361
Path Finder

Another test.

Blockquote

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Blockquotes do seem to work now:

this is blockquoted text

I agree that there are some weird markdown issues on this site, I know the team is looking at figuring them out and documenting any restrictions.

0 Karma

vqd361
Path Finder

Interesting. It works for answers, but not for the question. When I clicked the button to submit the original question, I briefly saw something like "gt;" appear where the greater than symbol was. Maybe there's some javascript that's trying to sanitize the input and it's clobbering the greater than symbol.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Markdown has been broken for months and every few days it changes a little bit. I have never seen anything like it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...