Splunk Search

Better search query way in terms of performance

N92
Path Finder

I have below search criteria so let me know best way for this.

base search (which have output in table format) [table sourcetype def ghi]
sourcetype= 1 check with static lookup and store respective result in "ghi" field
sourcetype= 2 check with static lookup and store respective result in "ghi" field

Tags (1)
0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

Create a simple lookup file, e.g. sourcetype_ghi_lookup.csv, with two fields, sourcetype and ghi. E.g. For sourcetype=1 and sourcetype=2:

sourcetype,ghi
1,"some ghi value"
2,"another ghi value"

| lookup sourcetype_ghi_lookup.csv sourcetype output ghi

You can use the file in both a lookup and automatic lookup definition to omit the lookup command in searches and populate the ghi field automatically.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try

your base search
| lookup yourSourcetype1lookup.csv fieldName OUTPUT ghi as ghi1
| lookup yourSourcetype2lookup.csv fieldName OUTPUT ghi as ghi2
| eval ghi=iff(sourcetype="sourcetype1", ghi1,ghi2) | fields - ghi1 ghi2
0 Karma

N92
Path Finder

It works. Thanks @somesoni2

0 Karma

jpolvino
Builder

Can you please provide samples of what your table represents, and what you want to do with the two sourcetype lines you mention?

0 Karma

N92
Path Finder

| table dest user source sourcetype result
| lookup users.csv users as user OUTPUT host_name as result
| lookup users.csv source as user OUTPUT host_name as result

For both the lookup condition I am try to distinguish with sourcetype condition.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...