Splunk Search

Average Daily Unique category by Weekday for a period of 1 month

deepanram211219

I am creating a search that counts the daily unique category from a proxy log. I want to show the average number of unique website category by weekday over a month.

My issue is that I have created a successful search for 1 category but need to know how to count for different category over week days and show them on one chart.

My query:

Host=proxy1 category=business-and-economy | bin span=1d _time | stats count dc(_time) as days by date_wday | eval average_count = count / days

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Sebastian2
Path Finder

I'm not sure if I understood correctly what you are trying, but have you tried:

Host=proxy1 category=* | bin span=1d _time | stats count dc(_time) as days by date_wday, category | eval average_count = count / days
0 Karma

deepanram211219

Thanks for your reply, let me be more clear. I want to create a stacked column chart as shown below. With each colour representing a different category with the (AVG)weekday count superimposed on them.

alt text

0 Karma

deepanram211219

I ran the following query and ended up with the below result. But I would like to know how I can get the result for other categories on the same chart?

host=proxy1 category=business-and-economy | bucket _time span=1d | stats avg(count) dc(_time) as days by date_wday | eval average_count = count / days

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...