Reporting

Applying a Style Sheet to PDF

werz

I am trying to generate a PDF report for a table that I created that uses a custom style sheet. When I view the dashboard the style sheet renders correctly, but when I generate a PDF my table appears in the default black and white color scheme. Is there a way to force the PDF generator to use my custom style sheet? If not, is this something that could be extended as an add-on?

Thanks for any help!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

grijhwani
Motivator

CSS is relevant to HTML and XML only. PDF is a different rendering engine. To do what you ask would require that it first be rendered in HTML as an intermediate, and that that then be re-rendered as PDF.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

CSS is relevant to HTML and XML only. PDF is a different rendering engine. To do what you ask would require that it first be rendered in HTML as an intermediate, and that that then be re-rendered as PDF.

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

can anyone explain clearly is it possible or not?

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

ggangwar
Path Finder

I am also facing same issue, can anyone suggested how to achieve the intermediary rendering in html and finally in pdf?

0 Karma

werz

I had figured as much, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...