All Apps and Add-ons

App for Symantec -Incorrect fields for Sep12:agent

dpirolotvc
Engager

I setup the App and TA per the documentation and applied the .conf files but the fields for the SEP12:Agent don't seem correct.

For example, the 'time stamp' field from the scm_agent.tmp file is mapped to the 'dest' field in splunk as well as the 'dest_nt_host' field. I've been looking over how this is configured, but figured I'd find out if there is any additional information about this before hacking it up.

This is only sourcetype that appears to be incorrect.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You're right. I believe that the TA is currently written against version 11 of the SEP output. You'd have to update the list of fields in transforms.conf to reflect the new fields and their order. I've notified the product team so that the next app refresh should be updated to parse SEP 12. Until then, you'll have to create a local customization for the field extractions.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You're right. I believe that the TA is currently written against version 11 of the SEP output. You'd have to update the list of fields in transforms.conf to reflect the new fields and their order. I've notified the product team so that the next app refresh should be updated to parse SEP 12. Until then, you'll have to create a local customization for the field extractions.

0 Karma

dpirolotvc
Engager

I started going through the transform.conf and props.conf and it does seem to be missing some fields. Looking forward to an update.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...