Splunk Search

App for JBoss server log files

teleman328
Engager

Is there an application to analyze server logs from jboss application server - redhat jboss application server platform. If not is there specific format to use to gain the most functionality out of the server.log. It will be used as an audit mechanism, search and alert on errors, status etc.

Thanks

Tags (1)

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Probably log4j...see link below.

0 Karma

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There is no app for JBoss currently that i have found. It will most likely have the log4j sourcetype applied to it. See our auto recognized sourcetype list below.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Data/Listofpretrainedsourcetypes

dompjm

I was wondering the same thing. At the very least, what sourcetype is everyone using?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...