All Apps and Add-ons

App.conf version is empty on .spl file

dnamal
Explorer

I would like to put my application into Splunkbase. However when I package my app and send it to splunk validator api, I see the following error.

Splunk App packages must contain a default/app.conf file with an [id]or [launcher] stanza using theversionproperty formatted asMajor.Minor.Revision

I see that although I have a version in my app.conf, after downloading it is deleted from there. I added an [id] stanza to make things work but things go tangled.

0 Karma

dnamal
Explorer

Actually deleting all of the local directory worked.

However I have views and data_models on local directory that I need to use it in my app. I moved the views under the default folder and it worked but the data models are disappeared.

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you please share your actual complete app.conf? Did you place it in local or default?

dnamal
Explorer

I placed it on default/app.conf. I added the id stanza because I was not able to pass those validation requirements.

[default]
[id]
version = 1.0.5
name = thundra

[install]
is_configured = 0

[launcher]
version = 1.0.5
description = Full Observability for AWS Lambda from Thundra
author = Thundra

[package]
id = thundra

[ui]
is_visible = 1
label = Thundra App

When I download it after packaging the .spl file shows the version field "version = " that.

Also this is my local/app.conf
[ui]

[launcher]
version =

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You will need to delete anything in local. You local version of app.conf takes precedence over your default version of app.conf.

dnamal
Explorer

I have deleted it but nothing is changed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...