Archive
Highlighted

Anyone implement Splunk for BigFix app?

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Has anyone successfully implemented this app? We're trying to gauge the level of interest in a BigFix solution.

Highlighted

Re: Anyone implement Splunk for BigFix app?

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Newly posted: http://splunkbase.splunk.com/apps/All/4.x/App/app:Splunk+for+BigFix

The bigfix app provides scripted inputs to pull data from the bigfix SOAP API and provide a usable and interesting augmentation for bigfix Web Reports. Notable benefits include historical reporting, the ability to report across multiple servers, the ability to correlate compliance and inventory data with other IT data, and the ease of creating visualizations that Splunk provides.

Bigfix is awesome, but it's really been in dire need of a great data visualization / historical layer for quite a while... until now at least :). Between the provided scripted inputs, available bigfix server/relay/client logfiles, and the bigfix syslog connector feeding real-time fixlet data to Splunk, it's possible to get unprecedented visibility into your deployment components, patch compliance, security configuration compliance, and hardware and software inventory.

Splunk pwns.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I'm trying to get it runninng right now. Looks great but so far I'm getting this error during configuration: "Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Parameter interval: Must be numeric value.
"

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Karma
Highlighted

I have gotten the error to go away by removing all the defaul cron interval values and replacing with integer values (even for those not enabled).

Is this app compatible with BigFix 8.x versions?

0 Karma