All Apps and Add-ons

Any Compatibility issues with Splunk 4.2

deyeo
Path Finder

Hi, after installing the F5 app using the Splunk 4.2 web interface (not through unzipping manually in ..etc/apps folder), when i restart Splunk, i get this warning message (before configuring the F5 app):

Checking conf files for typos...

Possible typo in stanza [connection_failed] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SplunkforF5/default/eventtypes.conf, line 3: viewstate.resultView = normalView
Possible typo in stanza [connection_success] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SplunkforF5/default/eventtypes.conf, line 7: viewstate.resultView = normalView

Since the current version of the F5 app is older than the release of Splunk version 4.2, is the current F5 app compatible with Splunk 4.2?

Tags (1)

deyeo
Path Finder

Either ignore it since its warning messages. Or upgrade to the new F5 apps and/or upgrade to the newer Splunk version 5 and above.

0 Karma

deyeo
Path Finder

Either ignore it since its warning messages. Or upgrade to the new F5 apps and/or upgrade to the newer Splunk version 5 and above.

0 Karma

mad4wknds
Path Finder

I have the same issue and would like to know if you found a solution.

0 Karma

Brian_Osburn
Builder

It should - the "Checking conf files for typos" bit seems to be just a warning type of message. I've not heard of any issues installing the applications.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...