Dashboards & Visualizations

Adding different Filters to each panel in a dashboard

Sankavi
Engager

Hi,

I have a dashboard with different panels built from different data sources. When i click on each panel a detailed pop up will appear for which the query (saved search) will be sent from javascript file. Now the thing is I want to use different filters for each pop up panel like the user have to select from respective drop downs and the results should appear accordingly. If i add the filters(tokens) in XML, it appears on all pop ups which make it irrelevant. I would really appreciate any lead for this. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Sankavi
Engager

I want the specific dropdowns to appear only for respective pop-ups on each panel.

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When you add an "input" onto a dashboard it will appear at the top of the page, but its possible to go into "Source" and move it into a panel. Just move the <fieldset> tag. You can then use the tokens it creates in as many or as few searches as you like.

I hope this is helpful.

0 Karma

Sankavi
Engager

Hi,

Thanks much for your reply. I am unable to use fieldset tag inside node panel. Correct me if am wrong.

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sorry you should move the <input> field instead.

I also realised that you can actually just drag the form controls in the "UI" mode as well. Just drag it from the top to one of you panels.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...