Splunk Dev

Adding Data Sources for Today

rprasch

I want to be able to only pull *.log files or *.txt files from a specific folder from log files for the current day only. I dont need past history or the previous day's logs.

I am trying to limit the amount of messages Splunk is getting to avoid License overages.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Once all the files are pulled in, Splunk will only read new files - those from today. You may go over your license quota for a day or two, but there's no penalty.

If you don't want to do that. you could set ignoreOlderThan = 1d in inputs.conf. Be careful, however, if Splunk is down for a day, it won't process skipped files when it restarts.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...