Splunk Search

Add word in the workflow action.

dfigurello
Communicator

Hey splunkers,

I have a doubt. I created a GET workflow action to search field in the google, but I can't put a word before the variable.

For example:

(...)google.com/search?$Reason$ it's ok. But I want always search "Trend Micro $Reason". I need add always the word "Trend Micro" for each search with variable $reason, but I can't do it.

Splunkers any idea?

Tks.

0 Karma

yAlff
Path Finder

Hey,

did you just try to filter for Trend Micro?

Just extract the field behind search? (maybe named as what), and then filter with sourcetype=bla what="Trend Micro*"

It means that all the returned results contain Trend Micro $reason$ and the just extract the $reason$-tag

Regards

0 Karma

dfigurello
Communicator

Hey yAlff,

my splunk search returns results without any word with Trend Micro. I want add "Trend Micro + results in my index" in search google.

For example

host=ddi| stats count by Reason

Reason count
DNS response resolves to dead IP address 55
Many failed log in attempts 1
Multiple failed log in attempts 1

I want search in the google:

Trend Micro + "DNS response resolves to dead IP address"

I tried trend micro + $reason and others ways but not happens. In the search goes only Trend Micro.

any idea ?

Tks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...