Knowledge Management

500MB/day: How is compressed data counted

Katsche
Path Finder

Hey all,

I am trying to handle a large amount of data with splunk. At the same time I have to keep an eye on my 500MB limit. Today i will add some compressed logs. These logs are about 30MB (compressed). Decompressed we are talking about more than 500MB per file.

So I would like to now: How is compressed data counted?

Thanks and kind regards,
Katsche

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

The data amount that is counted against the license is the amount of uncompressed raw data, i.e. how much data Splunk has to handle when indexing it. So, in your case the amount of data that is counted against the license is the >500MB uncompressed data per file rather than 30MB for the compressed equivalent.

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

The data amount that is counted against the license is the amount of uncompressed raw data, i.e. how much data Splunk has to handle when indexing it. So, in your case the amount of data that is counted against the license is the >500MB uncompressed data per file rather than 30MB for the compressed equivalent.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...