All Apps and Add-ons

why doesn't splunk provide a advanced xml editor like sideviews editor

fengl2
Explorer

Recently I found a very good app for splunk called sideview.There are many modules implemented by sideview makes developing apps really simple.I wonder why splunk doesn't have these useful modules and why doesn't splunk provide a advanced xml editor like sideviews editor?

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is really a feature request. There is no answer other than that it currently does not.

Sideview is great stuff. Please use various tools they produce. Sideview makes a lot of high quality things that you can use or buy to use with Splunk.

In the last few years, the main focus has been on UI customization that does not require XML editing. I have no opinion on what the balance should be here, but you are asking about a different area than that focus.

Suggesting to add a higher quality XML editor to main Splunk is a good enhancement request which you should probably report via support. (I do not say this to waste your time. I say this because it's our current channel for reporting enhancement requests, and it's how customer interest is quantified.)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...