All Apps and Add-ons

why does clicking the logGroup field that Splunk identifies and adding it to a search REMOVE the log whose field i clicked on from results?

kevindas
Explorer

I'm using the Splunk_TA_aws-kinesis-firehose app to get logs from Cloudwatch to Splunk via. Firehose and the logs are flowing in fine and I can see everything I expect to see. It appears that the logGroup field is broken, however, as results don't seem to be matching on that field even though Splunk itself is identifying it. Here's an example:

I am searching on the following query: index="infrastructure" sourcetype="aws:firehose:text" errorMessage=*, limited to just today, and as expected, there is one result, as follows:

2018-12-04T14:10:02.615Z    4a993bef-f7ce-11e8-a331-7f313ce0f31a    {"errorMessage":"[version_conflict_engine_exception] [person][C68F52CA6A7D11D5A4AE0004AC494FFE]: version conflict, document already exists (current version [1]), with { index_uuid=\"7X5zhz5LQde60qEXF32cMQ\" & shard=\"2\" & index=\"product-mrportal.search-canonical.identities.int.2017-12-v002\" }","errorType":"Error","stackTrace":["r (/var/task/persons.js:1:57735)","a (/var/task/persons.js:1:57257)","t.<anonymous> (/var/task/persons.js:1:749015)","IncomingMessage.t (/var/task/persons.js:1:163075)","emitNone (events.js:91:20)","IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:185:7)","endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12)","_combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:80:11)","process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:128:9)"]}

Splunk is correctly identifying fields, most importantly, the following: logGroup =/aws/lambda/oris-es-pipeline-test-MrPersonDocManagerFunction-6EDCTGWYWK8
but when I click this field and "add to search," my search changes to the following: index="infrastructure" sourcetype="aws:firehose:text" errorMessage=* logGroup="/aws/lambda/oris-es-pipeline-test-MrPersonDocManagerFunction-6EDCTGWYWK86" and i now see no results.

is there some known issue with the logGroup field using this addon, maybe? have I messed up some configuration inadvertently?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...