All Apps and Add-ons

website mointoring

riqbal47010
Path Finder

Hi
we have two types of web portals. Internal and external. Internal are only for our employees and exteranals are for specific people to access from remote location.

In the status Overview Page,
for Internal Portal, the reponse is 401.

and for External Portal the response is "502"

alt text

from _internal logs:
index=_internal sourcetype="web_availability_modular_input" auth_type
alt text

Please support.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

arjunpkishore5
Motivator

For the external, make sure a firewall is not blocking connections. Typically, you would use a proxy to connect to external websites from within an organization

For internal, ensure you have the right authorization headers. Typically organizations have LDAP or SAML authentication set up. This might be blocking your requests since the system is unable to authorize you.

Since I have no idea how your systems are setup, not sure if I can help beyond the above guesses.

0 Karma

riqbal47010
Path Finder

HI
thanks for your response.

when I put the full URL for external the response goes green with code=20

we are using LDAP authentication and I am pretty sure that it is the basic cause for blocking the request. can you please share the step for LDAP authorization. .
I used curl command with proxy and user credentaill but still using the error code 401

0 Karma

arjunpkishore5
Motivator

You'll have to check with the LDAP admin on the type of authentication headers needed. With curl, you can try some of the available methods to figure out - https://ec.haxx.se/http-auth.html

0 Karma

riqbal47010
Path Finder

sorry I lost in between.

As per AD admin we are using kerberos authentication whereas I link the available authentication methods are digest,negotiate and ntlm.

beside this how can we fix this issue from app side.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...