All Apps and Add-ons

we have upgraded enterprise security from 4.5.2 to 4.7.1. After upgrade ES- Security Intelligence dashboard are not populated the data?

vin02
Path Finder

we have upgraded enterprise security from 4.5.2 to 4.7.1. After upgrade ES- Security Intelligence dashboard are not populated the data?
How to troubleshoot.

0 Karma

sumanssah
Communicator

ES App added new option called allow_skew. Adding allow_skew will increase the performance.

Searches offset by allow_skew always run over their scheduled time ranges. For example, if a search that is scheduled to run over the past 5 minutes every 5 minutes is supposed to run at 2:05 p.m. but is offset such that it actually runs at 2:07 p.m., it will still search over 2:00:00 p.m. to 2:04:59 p.m.

Basically what it is saying is that there won't be any data missed, because it will still run in 5 mins interval, expect running at 5 min on the dot it will run after that. So even for critical alerts, it won't miss any data because it is still going over that time period, expect it's just starting a little later.

0 Karma

mosman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

probably data model are still building, this will take time, depends on the size of your data, the configuration of data models, and other factors, you can go to a glass table, check ES health and see how many data models not completed yet, how many still building

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...