All Apps and Add-ons

universal forwarder on xenserver

leandesk

how to install universal forwarder on xenserver

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Python SDK is not required. The XenServer app uses Python to query the XenServer Pool Master via XenAPI (which is a web service). You will need to modify $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA-XS60-Server/local/xsconfig.conf for your XenServer pool details.

leandesk

if i install app for xenserver should i install phyton sdk also. and what is the procedure to pull data from xenserver to the splunk app for xen

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You would not install the forwarder on XenServer hypervisor, since it doesn't run a supported OS. You would install the forwarder on any guest OS as a normal forwarder. If you need to get information from the hypervisor, you should do that from outside the hypervisor, using syslog ( http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/54506/xenserver-56 )or the APIs (e.g., there is a Python SDK for querying data from XenServer, or just use http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/48467/splunk-for-citrix-xenserver-technology-add-on )

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

You should not install the Universal Forwarder on XenServer. The Universal Forwarder should be installed on a remote machine. This remote machine can be physical or virtual. The only requirement is that the remote machine have Python 2.4 installed. You can install on *nix or Windows.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...