All Apps and Add-ons

typo regarding hasIgnored in webintelligence local app.conf

mslvrstn
Communicator

Every time time I restart my search head, I get the following warning for three of my users.

Possible typo in stanza [install] in /opt/splunk/etc/users/*username*/webintelligence/local/app.conf, line 2: hasIgnored  =  True

The file contains just that variable:

[install]
hasIgnored = True

I'm pretty sure it would be safe just to rm those files, since its not successfully processing anything, but I'd like to understand what's really going on. The users say they didn't add it themselves. Did the app just misconfigure itself?

Thanks,
Mitch

1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In the current version of the app on Splunkbase, the module that tries to assist you when you first visit the app sets this key/value pair in app.conf.

All it is doing is reminding the app that username has previously asked not to be bothered by the module's modal notifications ('this app needs configuration', etc).

In the forthcoming version of the Splunk app for WebIntelligence, this function and key/value pair is moved over to webintelligence.conf so you won't get this annoying message every time you restart Splunk.

In the meantime, it won't hurt anything to delete that file. You might get a modal pop-up when you visit the app's home page, but if as an app admin you run through the app setup page once and click save, the modal will go away.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In the current version of the app on Splunkbase, the module that tries to assist you when you first visit the app sets this key/value pair in app.conf.

All it is doing is reminding the app that username has previously asked not to be bothered by the module's modal notifications ('this app needs configuration', etc).

In the forthcoming version of the Splunk app for WebIntelligence, this function and key/value pair is moved over to webintelligence.conf so you won't get this annoying message every time you restart Splunk.

In the meantime, it won't hurt anything to delete that file. You might get a modal pop-up when you visit the app's home page, but if as an app admin you run through the app setup page once and click save, the modal will go away.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...