All Apps and Add-ons

/tmp filling up with .crt files

gordo32
Communicator

For every cycle of this add-on it creates a /tmp/httplib2_merged_certificates_xxxxx.crt file where xxxxx is a unique number. The file always contains the same 243 root & intermediate certificates.

After about 1200 times cycling through the add-on stops working. When I clean up these files in /tmp, the add-on continues to work.

Other than a cron job to clean these up periodically does someone have a fix for this.

FYI, using 2.25.10 version of the TA on Splunk Heavy Forwarder 6.6.5.

0 Karma
1 Solution

gordo32
Communicator

It turns out that these .crt files aren't related to this add-on as I first suspected. Uninstalled the add-on and the .crt files continue to collect.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gordo32
Communicator

It turns out that these .crt files aren't related to this add-on as I first suspected. Uninstalled the add-on and the .crt files continue to collect.

0 Karma

gordo32
Communicator

Also, if it matters at all Ubuntu 16.04 and Splunk is running as Splunk user (not root). Confirmed that the .crt files belong to Splunk user, so not an access issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...