All Apps and Add-ons

splunk "add-on for amazon web services" broken upgrade from 5.1.0 to 5.2.0 account tab won't load

radam2000
Path Finder

Tried upgrading my splunk add-on for amazon web services on my heavy forwarder 3 times and each time I have the same issue when upgrading to 5.2.0

Started with version 5.0.3
disabled all inputs - no pycache dir
upgrade to 5.2.0 - and restart
no visible errors until try to launch - the account tab spins forever and never opens - all other tabs fine

rolled back to tar backup 5.0.3

Tried again - same

rolled back to tar backup 5.0.3
download 5.0.4 and upgraded, restarted - all tabs in add-on fine

download 5.1.0 and upgraded, restarted - all tabs in add-on fine
download 5.2.0 and upgraded, restart, same issues as before....

anyone else encountered this and know the fix - i have opened a ticket with support but still waiting...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mkonsta
Engager

Hi Rich.

This is a know issue with version 5.2.0 of the add-on.  We've experienced the same problem when we upgraded from 5.1.0 to 5.2.0.  We had to revert to the old version.

They do have a workaround for it.  Your best bet is to ask Splunk support to provide you with workaround. 

They have made some changes to the aws_accesskeys.py file.

View solution in original post

mkonsta
Engager

Hi Rich.

This is a know issue with version 5.2.0 of the add-on.  We've experienced the same problem when we upgraded from 5.1.0 to 5.2.0.  We had to revert to the old version.

They do have a workaround for it.  Your best bet is to ask Splunk support to provide you with workaround. 

They have made some changes to the aws_accesskeys.py file.

radam2000
Path Finder

Thanks Mike

Yes I opened support ticket and we have the modified file they provided which works...

Rich

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...