All Apps and Add-ons

splunk "add-on for amazon web services" broken upgrade from 5.1.0 to 5.2.0 account tab won't load

radam2000
Path Finder

Tried upgrading my splunk add-on for amazon web services on my heavy forwarder 3 times and each time I have the same issue when upgrading to 5.2.0

Started with version 5.0.3
disabled all inputs - no pycache dir
upgrade to 5.2.0 - and restart
no visible errors until try to launch - the account tab spins forever and never opens - all other tabs fine

rolled back to tar backup 5.0.3

Tried again - same

rolled back to tar backup 5.0.3
download 5.0.4 and upgraded, restarted - all tabs in add-on fine

download 5.1.0 and upgraded, restarted - all tabs in add-on fine
download 5.2.0 and upgraded, restart, same issues as before....

anyone else encountered this and know the fix - i have opened a ticket with support but still waiting...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mkonsta
Engager

Hi Rich.

This is a know issue with version 5.2.0 of the add-on.  We've experienced the same problem when we upgraded from 5.1.0 to 5.2.0.  We had to revert to the old version.

They do have a workaround for it.  Your best bet is to ask Splunk support to provide you with workaround. 

They have made some changes to the aws_accesskeys.py file.

View solution in original post

mkonsta
Engager

Hi Rich.

This is a know issue with version 5.2.0 of the add-on.  We've experienced the same problem when we upgraded from 5.1.0 to 5.2.0.  We had to revert to the old version.

They do have a workaround for it.  Your best bet is to ask Splunk support to provide you with workaround. 

They have made some changes to the aws_accesskeys.py file.

radam2000
Path Finder

Thanks Mike

Yes I opened support ticket and we have the modified file they provided which works...

Rich

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...