All Apps and Add-ons

splunk DB connect with splunk cloud

santosh11

I want to perform db connect between oracle and splunk. Please let me know how can we do that?

Regards,
Santosh

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi santosh11,
if you're using Splunk Cloud, surely you're using at least two (or more) Heavy Forwarders to concentrate logs to send to Splunk Cloud.

So you can use a dedicated Heavy Forwarder to install DB-Connect App following the instructions in Splunk documentation https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.4/DeployDBX/AboutSplunkDBConnect.
If you have few logs, you can use one of the Heavy Forwarders used as concentrators, but this depends on the volume of logs.
Using this Heavy Forwarder, you can access your Oracle DB Server and extract the data you need.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

santosh11

Hello Gcusello,

I have successfully pushed data from Oracle to Splunk cloud using Splunk DB connect. Now i want to push the data back. I.E. from Splunk index data to oracle db through DB connect.

I have pushed data to Oracle DB from Splunk DB connect which is in HF. But how will we do that from Splunk Cloud Index data?

Regards,
Santosh

0 Karma

skrajkumar_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey Santosh,

The best recommended solution is to connect the DB via HF. By this way you can eradicate below challenges

1. It helps in security. You need not risk in exposing your DB to internet, also you need not trouble yourself with port openings.
  2. At time SQL queries may yield huge datasets, depending on your bandwidth it may slowdown your network.

So its better to install DB Connect in your Local HF( As you usually configure in Splunk enterprise) and forward its data to the cloud.

Hope this helps.

0 Karma

santosh11

Hello skrajkumar,

I have successfully pushed data from Oracle to Splunk cloud using Splunk DB connect via HF. Now i want to push the data back. I.E. from Splunk index data to oracle db through DB connect via HF.

I have pushed data to Oracle DB from Splunk DB connect which is in HF. But how will we do that from Splunk Cloud Index data?

Regards,
Santosh

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...