All Apps and Add-ons

splunk DB connect - SSL error

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi Team,

Tried to pull postgresql data into splunk db connect --> Customer has enabled SSL at their end --> If they disable the SSL it is working --> But customer wants SSL to be enabled .

We have an option in Splunk DB connect --> Enable SSL (if I check this box) --> While trying to create Input (it is showing Invalid database connection)

What Should I do to enable SSL from splunk DB connect.

0 Karma
1 Solution

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi,

If above method is not working, just add the lines ?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory
along with jdbcurl while creating connection.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi,

If above method is not working, just add the lines ?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory

0 Karma

VijaySrrie
Builder

This is for postgreSQL.

Tried the below:
In dbx/local/database_types.conf

placed

[postgresqlssl]
displayName = PostgreSQL with SSL
jdbcDriverClass = org.postgresql.Driver
defaultPort = 5432
connectionUrlFormat = jdbc:postgresql://{0}:{1}/{2}?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory
testQuery = SELECT 1 AS test
defaultCatalogName = postgres
defaultSchema = public

but it didn't work

0 Karma

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...