All Apps and Add-ons

splunk DB connect Execution Frequency

pipipipi
Path Finder

Hello.

I'm a bigginer splunk.
I have a question about splunk DB connect.
I can not understand Execution Frequency.
I want to get data for the past 7 days from DB.

I think Execution Frequency is time to access data, but I can't understand what range of data is taken.
for example, If I set Execution Frequency at 0 10 * * *, I think range of data is only 10a.m that day.
I need last 7 days data.

Counld you please help me for understanding this ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

The execution frequency is something else, i think.
Execution Frequency: The number of seconds or a valid cron expression i.e. 0 18 * * * (every day at 6PM).

for your issue, add a where clause to your select statement that specifies a timestamp field past week only.
Presumable you could use some sql date function to make the calculation on the fly vs. having to hard code an actual date/time value.
where TIMESTAMP >= '2017-01-01 00:00:00'

If you only need to do it once, then set it up, let it run, and then disable it.
Otherwise, it will run every time execution frequency time passes.

View solution in original post

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

The execution frequency is something else, i think.
Execution Frequency: The number of seconds or a valid cron expression i.e. 0 18 * * * (every day at 6PM).

for your issue, add a where clause to your select statement that specifies a timestamp field past week only.
Presumable you could use some sql date function to make the calculation on the fly vs. having to hard code an actual date/time value.
where TIMESTAMP >= '2017-01-01 00:00:00'

If you only need to do it once, then set it up, let it run, and then disable it.
Otherwise, it will run every time execution frequency time passes.

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Execution frequency means Splunk will run same Database Query on Database and will fetch the result at scheduled intervals.

If you want to fetch only last 7 days data from Database then you need to include that timeframe in your Database Query if you have any timestamp column in Database table, otherwise it is difficult.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...