All Apps and Add-ons

smart exporter pdf app error - ERROR STARTTLS extension not supported by server

pvarjani
Engager

We have configured Smart PDF exporter app with required parameters and configured scheduled delivery of dasjboard PDF, the dashboard PDF gets generated locally and stored on temp path provided duing setup, however sending mail action fails with error "ERROR STARTTLS extension not supported by server" message in "smartexporter_service.log" file. has anyone seen similar problem?

Thanks in Advance,

MikaJustasACN
Path Finder

A bit of Slack (thank you chris_b), gooling, etc. and managed to get it running

The following script is not perfect,
smart_exporter_app/appserver/controllers/service.py

For my environment which doesnt use TLS and authentication (test env), I had to comment out the following lines from the script:

Basically to remove authentication and enter dummy email_user and email_password during setup.
srv.login(email_user,email_pwd)

To disabled TLS.
srv.starttls()

These changes should be included into the package by default with simple checks.

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Unfortunately the app also breaks on newer Splunk versions such as 7.3, while I made various changes to make it work I have not found a good replacement yet!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...