All Apps and Add-ons

sideview_utils - Text box and pulldown on single search

srw46
Path Finder

I'm trying to combine a pulldown and a text box on a dashboard so it uses both values in the downstream search. I am yet to find success. The search either doesn't seem to recognise the param when I call it or ignores the param altogether. I'm removing the typical submit button from under the textbox module as I'm trying to run the search from the normal search module which the pulldown passes to.

I don't quite have my head around where modules should be positioned and the 'flow' of information.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

srw46
Path Finder

Thanks Nick, I've been through those examples (prior to asking this question and again since your response) but I'm still having some difficulties.

I'm expecting to be able to pick a system ID from the dropdown and then also a transaction ID in the text field (or none for ALL). I'd ideally want to add additional text fields and dropdowns to this single search.

I seem to be having a lot of problems displaying the code correctly here. I have emailed it to you directly and would be most grateful if you could take a look or perhaps paste it here for me/explain why it won't past.

Thanks again for your patience.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would just work from the various examples that are embedded in the Sideview Utils documentation.

If you havent read through all the documentation, do so now. And if you havent downloaded the "UI Examples" app and also read the 'intro' pages under the 'Advanced XML' section, do that as well.

But paste in the XML and we can definitely help you out. You probably want to start from one of the simpler Sideview Utils examples like: http://host:port/en-US/app/sideview_utils/pulldown1_static
or the example for the TextField module, maybe clone them and tinker with them there before using them against your own data in your own app.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps re-read the Sideview Utils documentation, and if you haven't, read the intro pages in the 'advanced xml' section of the "UI Examples" app. (The Sideview Utils documentation actually tells you to go read this first). Also I suggest pasting the code into the question here and I can correct it for you and show you what you're doing wrong.

0 Karma

srw46
Path Finder

My understanding is that

< pulldown>

< search >

< / search >

< /pulldown >

Which seems fine, but no matter where I insert textbox in there (and append the search with a second $value$ tag) it just does not seem to like it.

0 Karma

srw46
Path Finder

I can't seem to get the code to display correctly. Can anybody advise me on what should be nested where please? I could also email my code if anybody is willing to help.

Thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...