All Apps and Add-ons

"The icon found in the package is not a valid png file" error on publish to splunkbase

omerl
Path Finder

Hey

I'm trying to publish an app to splunkbase.

This is the error message I get: "The icon found in the package is not a valid png file"

The app contains 4 icon files in the static folder in .png format (these are the files)

Does someone know how to solve this issue? AFAIK, those are the only needed icon files (I have a published app from a year ago which has a similar structure).

Thanks

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I think it's because these are 32-bit PNG files. I downloaded them and looked at them and they do seem to have a bit depth of 32.

Try saving them as 24-bit or better yet 8-bit png's. There won't be any loss since the images are pretty simple.

I think it's quite possible that the code that is checking the file formats was just written before 32 bit pngs were a thing!

I hope that helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...