All Apps and Add-ons

"Splunk for Excel Export" not working in SPLUNK 6

jaykumarlakhani
Engager

Hello,

I was using splunk 5.x and recently I upgrade it to splunk 6 enterprise version. I am using "Splunk for Excel Export" app. for excel export. It works fine with version 5.x but It is not working in Splunk 6 version.

It shows the "Excel Export" button but after giving file name it continuously stays in progress and nothing happens even after waiting long time. I am new to splunk. Does anyone have idea how to make this application compatible with the latest splunk version?

1 Solution

mkinsley_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Excel Export version 2.0.3 is now available and adds Splunk6 support. You should also notice enhanced performance. Downloads begin immediately instead of having to wait for the server to complete generating the file. The overall start-to-finish time isn't quicker, but you should be able to immediately return to Splunking instead of waiting on the server to respond.

View solution in original post

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...