All Apps and Add-ons

"No spec file" errors when trying to deploy Splunk Add-on for VMware from the index master node

keio_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

VMware data collection is working fine but when pushing out Splunk Add-on for VMware from the index master node the following warnings are reported:
[Not Critical]No spec file for: /app/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_esxilogs/default/eventgen.conf
[Not Critical]No spec file for: /app/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_vcenter/default/eventgen.conf

alt text

splunkd.log:
WARN CMBundleMgr - Bundle validation warnings bundle=/app/splunk/var/run/splunk/cluster/remote-bundle/2ea968f32581661ba4910e8e0322176f-1542938006.bundle, err=[Not Critical]No spec file for: /app/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_esxilogs/default/eventgen.conf\n;[Not Critical]No spec file for: /app/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_vcenter/default/eventgen.conf\n

Why are the warnings generated?

0 Karma
1 Solution

keio_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The warnings thrown by the cluster master is expected behavior and can be safely ignored.
The eventgen.conf in Splunk_TA_esxilogs and Splunk_TA_vcenter are used for generating dummy data along with SA-Eventgen which will provide the spec file(eventgen.conf.spec).

View solution in original post

keio_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The warnings thrown by the cluster master is expected behavior and can be safely ignored.
The eventgen.conf in Splunk_TA_esxilogs and Splunk_TA_vcenter are used for generating dummy data along with SA-Eventgen which will provide the spec file(eventgen.conf.spec).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...