All Apps and Add-ons

"No spec file" and "Invalid key in stanza" when pushing Windows Infrastructure app and Windows Add-on to cluster

pwmcity
Path Finder

When trying to push "Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure" and "Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows" to my index cluster I get the following errors. The all seem to be errors regarding either deprecated stanzas or conf files that aren't within the splunk spec.

Does anyone have any novel ideas on how to deal with this?

No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/admon.conf

No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/eventgen.conf

Invalid key in stanza [WinEventLog://Application] in /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/inputs.conf, line 20: renderXml (value: false)

Invalid key in stanza [WinEventLog://Security] in /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/inputs.conf, line 31: renderXml (value: false)

Invalid key in stanza [WinEventLog://System] in /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/inputs.conf, line 39: renderXml (value: false)

Invalid key in stanza [perfmon://CPU] in /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/inputs.conf, line 146: useEnglishOnly (value: true)

Invalid key in stanza [perfmon://LogicalDisk] in /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/inputs.conf, line 156: useEnglishOnly (value: true)

Invalid key in stanza [perfmon://PhysicalDisk] in /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/inputs.conf, line 166: useEnglishOnly (value: true)

Invalid key in stanza [perfmon://Memory] in /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/inputs.conf, line 175: useEnglishOnly (value: true)

Invalid key in stanza [perfmon://Network] in /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/inputs.conf, line 185: useEnglishOnly (value: true)

Invalid key in stanza [perfmon://Process] in /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/inputs.conf, line 195: useEnglishOnly (value: true)

Invalid key in stanza [perfmon://System] in /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/inputs.conf, line 205: useEnglishOnly (value: true)

No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/perfmon.conf

No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/Splunk_TA_windows/default/regmon-filters.conf

No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/default/paletteinputs.conf

No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/default/palettepalettes.conf

No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/default/palettepanels.conf

No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/default/palettesearches.conf

No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/master-apps/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/default/splunk_msftapp.conf

jbernt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello. The UseEnglishOnly tag can be fixed with the latest TA-Windows 4.7.1.
The other warnings can be ignored safely.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...