All Apps and Add-ons

nomv seems to add whitespace

markucsb
Explorer

I have a multi-valued field that I'm trying to collapse down to a single value but the nomv command adds a whitespace character between the individual values of the field. This is a Base64 encoded string that needs to be a single continuous line with no added characters or whitespace, I have a checksum with the number of characters that needs to match the value of this field's character count.
I have tried trimming the individual values prior to combining however it seems that the actual nomv command adds the whitespace characters, does anyone have any ideas of how I can solve this or is this a limitation of nomv?

0 Karma

markucsb
Explorer

I think I answered my own question, use "eval newField=mvjoin(oldField,"")

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...