All Apps and Add-ons

multikv not extracting table

SapthagiriAavik
Explorer

i have a unix system log information as tables in events.every event have 4 column and 10 rows. i want to extract all the row information in to 4 fields. but header and value row structure is different, i tried multikv with noheader/force header and regex still im not able get desired result.

Table Structure
.......\s...........\s................\s............\s...... (Header row of Table) separator: space
.......\t...........\t................\t............\t...... (Rest of the rows in Table) separator: tab

CPU pctUser PctSystem pctIowait pctIdle
0 32 62 0 6
2 52 82 0 7

while using noheader=true , i'm getting only second row of each table.

Is there any way to get all of the row info to corresponding field.

0 Karma

sdchakraborty
Contributor

Hi,
Can you please add multikv.conf file with below stanza in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/ directory and run the search provided below,

[tab_mkv]
header.start = "CPU"
header.linecount = 1
header.tokens = _tokenize_, -1," "
body.tokens = _tokenize_,-1, "  "

index=<index name> | multikv conf=tab_mkv
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...