All Apps and Add-ons

missing fields in sign-ins events after upgrading Microsoft Azure add-on for Splunk to 3.1.1

fed_kerr
Explorer

After upgrading the Microsoft Azure add-on for Splunk from ver. 3.0.1 to 3.1.1, I noticed that some important details are missing in the sign-ins events collected through the  "Microsoft Azure Active Directory Sign-ins" input.

For example, the whole authenticationDetails section is no longer visualized.

the event from ver. 3.0.1 add-on contains:

appId: xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx
appliedConditionalAccessPolicies: [ [+]
]
authenticationDetails: [ [+]
]
authenticationMethodsUsed: [ [+]
]
authenticationProcessingDetails: [ [+]
]
authenticationRequirement: multiFactorAuthentication
authenticationRequirementPolicies: [ [+]
]
clientAppUsed: Browser

while the events from ver 3.1.1, doesn't:
appId: xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx
appliedConditionalAccessPolicies: [ [+]
]
clientAppUsed: Browser

Also some other information like  userAgent or userType are missing.

Did someone of you experience the same issue?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ivarny
Path Finder

Awsome, that was a quick fix, thanks for the quick response "Fed_Kerr"!

0 Karma

ivarny
Path Finder

We also see this issue after upgrade to 3.1.1.
Did you find any resolution to the problem?

Cloud being so important and these log sources are really important, so it's strange that this is an unsupported app from Splunk.

0 Karma

fed_kerr
Explorer

I saw that in this new version there is a new setting  called "Endpoint"  for some inputs  such as "MS Azure Active Directory Sign-ins" or "AD Users". I tried to set it to "beta" instead of v1.0 and all missing fields got collected.

I'm assuming that since it's called beta it is under testing, but, hopefully, with the next version update, they will make it official.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...