All Apps and Add-ons

|loadincidentresults id return empty

droutin

Hello,
For some reasons details from incidents in "Incident Posture" are not available.

I have seen that the lookup is perfomed thanks to "| loadincidentresults incident_id".
I have modify the python script to include additional login and I can confirm that:
- The command is called correctly with the incident id argument
- The server response is just empty -> []

I tried to replay the command using curl and got the same results -> []

It just looks like the addition of the incident information in the dedicated KVStore never happens...
This is partially confirmed by the fact that this:
log.info("Results for incident_id=%s written to collection." % (incident_id))

Never happens in any logs.
splunk@splunk01:/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk$ grep "written to collect" alert*
splunk@splunk01:/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk$

We also tried to search in the logs for the incident id itself and founded that but no entries related to kvstore:
alert_manager_eventhandler.log:2018-05-22 14:51:26,741 INFO pid="24547" logger="alert_manager_eventhandler" message="event=incident_created

Any help would be much appreciated as without being able to drilldown on details make the application not usable...

Kind regards,

0 Karma

my2ndhead
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Usually the "Save incident results to KVStore" checkbox under Settings -> Global Settings is not enabled.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...