All Apps and Add-ons

inputs.conf for Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure 1.5.1 and Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows 6.0.0

msaz
Path Finder

Does anyone have a good working inputs.conf for the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure 1.5.1 and Windows TA 6.0.0 ? Most of the documentation I'm finding relates to upgrading from an earlier version and I have a fresh install. I do not want to use 'main' for the index and have been trying to use the indexes from the instructions for the MSApp 1.5.1.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MSApp/1.5.1/MSInfra/DownloadandconfiguretheSplunkAdd-onforWind...

Splunk Enterprise 7.2.5, App for Windows Infrastructure 1.5.1, Windows TA 6.0.0

0 Karma
1 Solution

msaz
Path Finder

I found my issue. When i created the apps on the deployment server I renamed them using a naming convention, but some of the scripts called use the default app name in the path, so the scripts weren't running. This one for example.

## Replication Information 2012r2 and 2016
[powershell://Replication-Stats]
script = & "$SplunkHome\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_windows\bin\Invoke-MonitoredScript.ps1" -Command ".\powershell\2012r2-repl-stats.ps1"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

msaz
Path Finder

I found my issue. When i created the apps on the deployment server I renamed them using a naming convention, but some of the scripts called use the default app name in the path, so the scripts weren't running. This one for example.

## Replication Information 2012r2 and 2016
[powershell://Replication-Stats]
script = & "$SplunkHome\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_windows\bin\Invoke-MonitoredScript.ps1" -Command ".\powershell\2012r2-repl-stats.ps1"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...