All Apps and Add-ons

inputs.conf blacklist example

michaeler
Communicator

Not a question. I struggled with working getting the regex syntax correct for a while to blacklist some noisy event code items and wanted to post my successful strings. Just in case someone else searches and finds this useful. 

blacklist1 = EventCode="4688" Message="New Process Name:\s+(?:[C-F]:\\(?:Program Files\\SplunkUniversalForwarder|Splunk)\\bin\\(?:splunk|splunkd|splunk-optimize|splunk-powershell|splunk-admon|splunk-netmon|splunk-MonitorNoHandle|python3|btool)\.exe)

blacklist2 = EventCode="(4663|4660|4907)" Message="Process Name:\s+(?:[C-F]:\\(?:Program Files\\Microsoft Configuration Manager\\bin\\X64|Program Files \W\w{3}\W\\Symantec\\Symantec Endpoint Protection\\\d{1,5}\.\d{1,5}\.\d{1,5}\.\d{1,5}\.\d{1,5}\\Bin64|Program Files\\SMS_CCM|Windows\\System32|Windows\\System32\\(?:inetsrv|wbem)|.WINDOWS.~BT\\Sources|Windows\\WinSxS\\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_\w{16,20}\.+\d\.+\d{1,6}\.+\w{22,30})\\(?:smsexec|sitecomp|TiWorker|SetupHost|WmiPrvSE|w3wp|poqexec|CcmExec|ccSvcHst)\.exe)

I'm a novice with regex so there might be some ways to clean this up and make it shorter, but it works. If anyone has simplification recommendations, feel free to share.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

michaeler
Communicator

I forgot to add the final " at the end of each. regex101.com doesn't like them so I removed for the purpose of troubleshooting.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...