All Apps and Add-ons

inputlookup

sd248011

Hello,

I know to view a csv, I can run | inputlookup asdf.csv. How would I be able to view multiple csvs in one search query?

0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A better solution would be:

|inputlookup file1.csv | inputlookup file2.csv append=t|...

View solution in original post

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A better solution would be:

|inputlookup file1.csv | inputlookup file2.csv append=t|...

sd248011

Ah, got it. Thanks much!

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

My initial answer had an append=t because I normally append lookups to search results. Try this: |inputlookup c2_zeus.csv | inputlookup DNS_DOMAINS_malware.csv append=t

0 Karma

sd248011

The c2_zeus.csv is the first. Then I have append=t after that and the second csv. My example above is exactly like how your query was stated originally. It just doesn't let you put a subsequent inputlookup command after the initial one.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You have them backwards. Swap the two. For each inputlookup after the first, you need "append=t"

0 Karma

sd248011

|inputlookup c2_zeus.csv append=t| inputlookup DNS_Domains_malware.csv

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

can you post your search that is failing?

0 Karma

sd248011

I do. It is because inputlookup is stated after the append. I can run the | inputlookup file1.csv just fine. It is the subsequent csvs I can't seem to also pull up.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

make sure you have a | at the front of your search, and that it is the first command in the search.

0 Karma

sd248011

I receive this error:

Error in 'inputlookup' command: This command must be the first command of a search.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

inputlookup, append, inputlookup, append, ...?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...