All Apps and Add-ons

in source=Systemperfhandler fields have value 'Multiple_Values' for clusters having OS NetApp Release 8.3.1P1

machiel
Path Finder

Why are the below fields for this source literally 'Multiple_Values'? I tracked it down, and it seems only clusters with the OS NetApp Release 8.3.1P1 show this behavior.

Is this a bug, or has it a reason?

The fields having those values:
hostname
node_name
node_uuid
serial_no

0 Karma

machiel
Path Finder

The new version of the Splunk ONTAP apps (2.1.4) did not solve the issue.

0 Karma

jimmoriarty
Path Finder

Also observed on v8.3.2P6

0 Karma

jimmoriarty
Path Finder

Rewrote ./bin/ta_ontap/OntapPerf.py to query system:node instead of system (as held in the objectType parameter), when ontap v8.3+ is detected. Amended OntapClinet.py as well (to manage querying the ontap version). Not a 100% fix, as it appears some of the resulting attributes are different - not a perfect 1:1 match for data structure - but good enough for us.

Small print in the hardware and software requirements for the Splunk app do actually note that only up to 8.2 is supported...

Splunk App developers have been contacted with details of my workaround.

0 Karma

jimmoriarty
Path Finder

Investigation has shown that 8.3 returns different information to 8.2 - case opened with Splunk and NetApp to resolve.

Basic issue - for a cluster, when asked for system objects. 8.2 returned an object per node. 8.3 returns a one cluster object.

0 Karma

machiel
Path Finder

We also opened a case with NetApp. This party told us that the multiple_values is 'by design'. Any update from your part?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...