All Apps and Add-ons

iPad mobile app login failed after upgrade to Splunk Enterprise 6.6.0

swasserroth
Path Finder

Hi *,

we upgraded our Splunk Enterprise installation from 6.5.3 to 6.6.0 today. After the upgrade we get "ogin failed" when trying to use the iOS Splunk app. Accessing the web interface using the Safari-browser works, however, so the URL and port are correct...

The addon for Splunk Mobile is 2.4.2 and we are using the newest version of the iOS app.
We are authorize the Splunk users via LDAP, which works, because otherwise we wouldn't be able to use the "normal" web interface...

We re-installed both the Mobile addon inside Splunk Enterprise and the iOS app on the iPad, but this changed nothing.

Regards,
Stephan

Tags (2)
1 Solution

swasserroth
Path Finder

The updated Apps (both the Add-on 2.4.2 and the iOS-App) have fixed the problem. Thanks!!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

swasserroth
Path Finder

The updated Apps (both the Add-on 2.4.2 and the iOS-App) have fixed the problem. Thanks!!

0 Karma

swasserroth
Path Finder

We just have created a support case for this problem to get a bit of attention...

0 Karma

swasserroth
Path Finder

Got an answer from Splunk Support: this is a known issue, the mobile dev team is working on it...

0 Karma

swasserroth
Path Finder

hmmm... maybe I found something (a bug?)...

splunkd.log contains:

05-09-2017 18:46:28.272 +0200 WARN HTTPAuthManager - Token not specified in Authorization: Splunk header
05-09-2017 18:46:28.285 +0200 ERROR AdminManagerExternal - Stack trace from python handler:\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n File "/export/server/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/admin.py", line 130, in init\n hand.execute(info)\n File "/export/server/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/admin.py", line 594, in execute\n if self.requestedAction == ACTION_LIST: self.handleList(confInfo)\n File "/export/server/splunk/etc/apps/mobile_access/bin/api_status_handler.py", line 27, in handleList\n server_info = service.info()\n File "/export/server/splunk/etc/apps/mobile_access/bin/splunklib/client.py", line 450, in info\n response = self.get("/services/server/info")\n File "/export/server/splunk/etc/apps/mobile_access/bin/splunklib/binding.py", line 300, in wrapper\n "Request failed: Session is not logged in.", he)\nAuthenticationError: Request failed: Session is not logged in.\n
05-09-2017 18:46:28.285 +0200 ERROR AdminManagerExternal - Unexpected error "" from python handler: "Request failed: Session is not logged in.". See splunkd.log for more details.

0 Karma

nbroussa

same pb and same log, with that :

05-16-2017 14:15:17.865 +0200 WARN HttpListener - Socket error from xx.xx.xx.xx while idling: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

0 Karma

rapmancz
Explorer

The same from Android mobile app...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...