All Apps and Add-ons

how to convert snmp MIB file to egg file ? - SNMP Modular Input app !!

pgadhari
Builder

I am trying to use SNMP Modular input app to get data from Huawei DCIM software. Huawei has shared the custom MIB file and I have converted the MIB file into python file successfully. I created a SNMP data input, but I am not getting SNMP data from DCIM system.

Do I need to convert the MIB file in to egg file ? I am not sure on how to convert it into egg file ? Can somebody guide me on it ?

Also, I am getting following error in splunkd.log file, not showing specific errors :

03-04-2019 17:12:11.600 +0400 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/snmp_ta/bin/snmp.py"  snmp_stanza:snmp://dcim
03-04-2019 17:13:11.663 +0400 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/snmp_ta/bin/snmp.py"  snmp_stanza:snmp://dcim

Below is my inputs.conf :

[snmp://dcim]
communitystring = Splunk123
destination = 10.x.x.x
do_bulk_get = 0
do_get_subtree = 0
index = dcim
ipv6 = 0
mib_names = HUAWEI-NETECO6000-PERFORMANCE-NBI
object_names = 1.3.6.1.4.1.2011.2.281.2.1.20025.20932.1.1.1.41 ==> **(not sure which OID to specify here from the MIB file)**
port = 4700
snmp_mode = attributes
snmp_version = 2C
snmpinterval = 60
sourcetype = snmp_ta_dcim
split_bulk_output = 0
trap_rdns = 0
v3_authProtocol = usmHMACMD5AuthProtocol
v3_privProtocol = usmDESPrivProtocol

Please help resolve the issue ?

Thanks
PG

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...