All Apps and Add-ons

how to configure multiple dashboards into one master splunk dashboard

anudesire
Engager

Hi Everyone,

I have to create multiple dashboards for different services, and need to configure it into one single master dashboard through dropdown menu. 

Can someone please advice.

Regards,

Anu

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Dashboard is called view in splunk. you can see all views by going to Settings -> User Interface under Knowledge - > views 

once you are done with all your dashboard creation. 

open  Settings -> User Interface under Knowledge - > Navigation Menus -> default

you will see something like below :

<nav search_view="search" color="#5CC05C">
<view name="search" default="true" />
<view name="analytics_workspace" />
<view name="datasets" />
<view name="reports" />
<view name="alerts" />
<view name="dashboards" />

<collection label="Inventory Monitor">
<view name="view1"/>
<view name="view2"/>
<view name="view3"/>
</collection>
</nav>

Inventory Monitor is label for the collection like you see search, Reports and Dashboard in search & reporting and its now dropdown with three views ( view1, view2,view3) you can add any number of views ( dashboards) to collection ( dropdown)

like the answer if it solves your problem.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Dashboard is called view in splunk. you can see all views by going to Settings -> User Interface under Knowledge - > views 

once you are done with all your dashboard creation. 

open  Settings -> User Interface under Knowledge - > Navigation Menus -> default

you will see something like below :

<nav search_view="search" color="#5CC05C">
<view name="search" default="true" />
<view name="analytics_workspace" />
<view name="datasets" />
<view name="reports" />
<view name="alerts" />
<view name="dashboards" />

<collection label="Inventory Monitor">
<view name="view1"/>
<view name="view2"/>
<view name="view3"/>
</collection>
</nav>

Inventory Monitor is label for the collection like you see search, Reports and Dashboard in search & reporting and its now dropdown with three views ( view1, view2,view3) you can add any number of views ( dashboards) to collection ( dropdown)

like the answer if it solves your problem.

————————————
0 Karma

anudesire
Engager

Thanks for your quick response, 

I am able to view all the dashboard I have created till now under settings, but how can I view them under Master dashboard dropdown menu. Do I need to move all the dashboard or clone them? Again  when I am trying to move them, I am not getting my master dashboard option for destination list. Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Anu

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

for example, if you are creating new menu in search & reporting like Reports, Dashboards like I have given in example, your views should be moved to search & reporting so that Splunk can Pick up them. if your views are created under different app let's say app1 and if you are referring them in different app, it won't work.

------------------

please like my answer if it solves your problem.

————————————
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...