All Apps and Add-ons

help using transforms to change sourcetype from netflow

danielwalford
Engager

hi, i've been trying for a long time now to get netscaler ipfix/netflow data properly ingested into a Nozo9110test splunk instance.

I have the stream app and forwarder etc looking like they are working. all  the data comes in as sourcetype stream:netflow. however i need this to be sourcetype citrix:netscaler:ipfix. so i have added props and transforms to achieve that based on the ip address the data is coming from. now this has worked and the sourcetype has changed as you can see:

danielwalford_1-1617881471488.png

however, i expected the data to then be processed and the fields extracted from the netscalersyslogmessage field. in the netscaler TA there are entries to transform sourcetype on the detection of netscalerSyslogMessage but none of that seems to be happening.

i'm sure i'm just missing something obvious but i'd really appreciate some help nailing this down.

here's what i've done to change the sourcetype:

props:

[source::stream:netflow]
TRANSFORMS-changesourcetype = set_netscaler

transforms:

[set_netscaler]
FORMAT = sourcetype::citrix:netscaler:ipfix
DEST_KEY = MetaData:Sourcetype
REGEX= exporter_ip":"172.31.113.8

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...