All Apps and Add-ons

hadoop connection question

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I'm testing out Hadoop Connect (and, hopefully, Shuttl). In Hadoop Connect, I get an error when attempting to add a hdfs cluster. It says "nvalid HADOOP_HOME. Cannot find Hadoop command under bin directory HADOOP_HOME='blahblahblah'. I checked with the Hadoop folks, and they have assured me that the Hadoop command exists in that structure. Am I missing something? Looking at the pop-up, it almost looks like the app is expecting Hadoop to exist on the Splunk server as well?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bosburn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

A212830,
You will need to install the hadoop CLI first - http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/HadoopConnect/latest/DeployHadoopConnect/HadoopCLI. You can test to make sure it's working by signing in as the Splunk user and attempting to run the hadoop command.

View solution in original post

bosburn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

A212830,
You will need to install the hadoop CLI first - http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/HadoopConnect/latest/DeployHadoopConnect/HadoopCLI. You can test to make sure it's working by signing in as the Splunk user and attempting to run the hadoop command.

bosburn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Everything is driven via the search head...

0 Karma

a212830
Champion

Thanks. Another question on Hadoop Connect - how does it work in a distributed environment? Do I need to put it on each indexer, or is everything driven from the search-head?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...