All Apps and Add-ons

google_spreadsheet_modular_input unexpected keyword argument 'json'

laga2k
Engager

We updated Splunk to 7.3.3 and the Google Drive app to 2.0.1 yesterday evening, so I'm not sure which, if either is contributing to this problem, but after the updates all messages from sourcetype google_spreadsheet_modular_input look something like this:

2019-12-11 16:49:00,177 ERROR A general exception was thrown when executing the import
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/google_drive/bin/google_spreadsheet.py", line 222, in import_file
    last_updated = google_lookup_sync.import_to_lookup_file(lookup_name, None, None, spreadsheet_title, worksheet_name, session_key, create_if_non_existent=False)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/google_drive/bin/google_drive_app/__init__.py", line 369, in import_to_lookup_file
    return self.import_to_lookup_file_full_path(destination_full_path, namespace, owner, google_spread_sheet_name, worksheet_name, session_key, create_if_non_existent, lookup_name=lookup_name)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/google_drive/bin/google_drive_app/__init__.py", line 387, in import_to_lookup_file_full_path
    google_spread_sheet = self.open_google_spreadsheet(google_spread_sheet_name)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/google_drive/bin/google_drive_app/__init__.py", line 151, in open_google_spreadsheet
    google_spread_sheet = self.gspread_client.open(title)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/google_drive/bin/google_drive_app/gspread/client.py", line 123, in open
    self.list_spreadsheet_files()
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/google_drive/bin/google_drive_app/gspread/client.py", line 96, in list_spreadsheet_files
    res = self.request('get', url, params=params).json()
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/google_drive/bin/google_drive_app/gspread/client.py", line 73, in request
    headers=headers
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 480, in get
    return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
TypeError: request() got an unexpected keyword argument 'json'

And no lookups have been updated. Any advice on how to get the import working again would be appreciated, thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

It looks like the newer version of the app may not be compatible with the version of the requests library that Splunk 7.3.3 includes. I opened a bug report and am looking into fixing it: https://lukemurphey.net/issues/2540.

Update:
I put in fix in version 2.0.2. You will likely need to restart Splunk for the change to get picked up.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

laga2k
Engager

I attempted downgrading to app version 1.0.3 and it appears to work again. I don't know if this is a long-term solution.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

It looks like the newer version of the app may not be compatible with the version of the requests library that Splunk 7.3.3 includes. I opened a bug report and am looking into fixing it: https://lukemurphey.net/issues/2540.

Update:
I put in fix in version 2.0.2. You will likely need to restart Splunk for the change to get picked up.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

laga2k
Engager

Cool, thank you for the quick response!

0 Karma
.conf21 Now Fully Virtual!
Register for FREE Today!

We've made .conf21 totally virtual and totally FREE! Our completely online experience will run from 10/19 through 10/20 with some additional events, too!