All Apps and Add-ons

error when i add server on the add-on for f5

eric4664

hi everyone,
i will be appreciated if anyone could help me figure out what happened.
i always got a error message when i use "add-on for f5" to add server.
the error massage is "500 internal server error: TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'"
i have followed all steps on instruction to setup this add-on but still remain error message....
could anyone what's going on?

PS. OS : windows server 2008 R2 entrprise

0 Karma

ljolly
Explorer

Hi There,

I am having the same problem here.

Fresh install of the app. v2.2.0.
Splunk version 6.2.0
Splunk on RH
Browser is Chrome

Error occurs when attempting to create server.

i.e. the add server form has been completed and when you click create:

500 Internal Server Error:TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'

0 Karma

lding_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,
1. would you mind to provide more detail about this error? e.g. a snapshot would be nice.
2. can you add a collection template with any dummy content on the GUI?

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

This is most likely caused by a core flaw that makes REST operations on Windows take much longer than they do on Linux. If it's a virtual server and you can adjust hardware, you might be able to temporarily increase resources to make it work. Failing that, performing the setup on Linux can get you a set of config files that you can use on your Windows system.

To confirm or deny that guess, you can follow the troubleshooting guidance here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/latest/Overview/Troubleshootadd-ons#Useful_searches

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...