All Apps and Add-ons
Highlighted

dbxlookup not working in dashboard.

Explorer

I created a search that uses a dbxlookup command to populate various fields and output a table. This works perfectly in search, but when I add it to a dashboard, all of the lookup fields are empty. The search string is exactly the same.

Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: dbxlookup not working in dashboard.

Contributor

My initial thought is that this sounds like it may be a permissions related issue.
What version of DBConnect are you running?
Have you checked the DBConnect logs for entries relating to the dbxlookup command? Whatever version of DBConnect you're running check the Troubleshooting section of the documentation to see what is logged and where.
Have you tried setting the DBConnect logging to DEBUG?

Is the dashboard in the same app as your working dbxlookup search?

Dave

Highlighted

Re: dbxlookup not working in dashboard.

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

+1 on last question.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: dbxlookup not working in dashboard.

Explorer

Was doing some testing to see what shows up in the logs. I noticed that when i click "open in Search" from the dashboard panel, the dbx fields didn't show until I selected verbose mode.

I found this post: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/368700/how-to-get-searches-to-run-in-smart-or-verbose-mod.html and someone sugessted using | fields * to force verbose mode in the dashboard. It worked for me. I'm getting the lookup fields now.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: dbxlookup not working in dashboard.

Esteemed Legend

Don't forget to click Answer to close your question.

0 Karma